OBCGS ASSISTED RESEARCH
Old Buncombe County Genealogical Society will provide research assistance to those who are not able to visit our library. This assistance includes the following:
- Responding to phone requests regarding library and local resources available for family research. Depending on the complexity of the request, the docent may ask the client to submit a written request. This is a free service.
- Responding to phone requests for a simple look-up – We consider a simple look up as something we can find in our library by using a single book. The docent may ask the client to submit a written request for the information so use this form – Assisted Research Request Form April 2016 and follow the instructions on the form. This is a free service.
- Providing a copy of a single page from a book, a single obituary, etc. via postal mail for a flat fee of $4.00. Request should be submitted in writing using this form – Assisted Research Request Form April 2016 and following instructions for mailing with a check or money order. For electronic payment through PayPal (you can use your own credit card there as well) follow the instructions on the form.
- Provide copies of multiple pages from a book with a limit of 10 pages for $8.00, mailed in advance with a check or money order using this form – Assisted Research Request Form April 2016 or via PayPal following the instructions on the form.
- Post queries in our quarterly journal A Lot of Bunkum. The request should be written by the client in letter format and is subject to the approval of the Editor. This is a free service for members. The charge for non-members is $3.00 submitted in advance with a check or money order.
We are no longer offering in-depth research help. If you need additional research support, please contact the State Archives of North Carolina at www.archives.ncdcr.gov or the Board of Certification of Genealogists at www.bcgcertification.org for a list of researchers available for work.
We look forward to working with you in the future!
P.O. Box 2122
Asheville, NC 28802