Smith, Rose Anna Jane (Brown)
|ROSE ANNA JANE (BROWN) SMITH
submitted by Lorelei Lee (Brown) Cox and Mary M. (Nieblas) Brown
| Rose Anna Jane Brown (1862-1930) daughter of William Burton and Mary Catherine (Spain) Brown, married John Henry Furches Smith (1856-1939) on December 27, 1885 in Biltmore, Buncombe Co., NC. The couple is buried at Piney Grove, Swannanoa.
Rose Anna and John had seven children:
1. Austin Burton Brown Smith (1886-1905).
2. Mary Louise Dora Smith (1888-1973) married John Henry “Doc” Stepp (1868-1929) on November 6, 1911. Mary Louise was a native of Swannanoa and retired from Beacon Manufacturing Company. She was a member of Swannanoa United Methodist Church. The couple is buried at Piney Grove Cemetery, Swannanoa.
3. Aris Luther Alexander Smith (1891-1961) married Clara McDaniel in 1936.
4. Julia Emma Jane Smith (1893-1972) married James Lemuel Wilson (1896-1953) on November 7, 1915.
5. Bessie Eva Bell Smith (1896-1979) married Meck Hampton Wilson (1892-1973) on March 11, 1914. Bessie is buried at Piney Grove Cemetery, Swannanoa.
6. Daisy Clementine Smith (1899-1980) married Wendell Lafayette Patton (1893-1953) on June 4, 1924.
7. Helen Louise Smith married Arthur Ray Cannon on May 21, 1933.
from Heritage II, article #552, p. 345
Permanent link to this article: http://www.obcgs.com/smith-rose-anna-jane-brown/