| Jeremiah R. Pace was born ca 1781 in North Carolina, and died 1839 in Dade Co, Georgia. He was a son of John Pace, Sr. and Ann Russell. Jeremiah married in Buncombe Co, NC, before 1807 to Keziah Brittain, b. 6 October 1789 in Rutherford Co., NC, and d. 19 March 1843 in Dade Co, Georgia. (Her obituary was published in the Asheville N.C. Highland Messenger.) Keziah Brittain was a daughter of James Brittain, Sr. and Delilah Stringfieldof Buncombe Co. Jeremiah R. Pace appears on numerous deeds, court minutes of Buncombe, Hay- wood, and Macon Counties, NC, with other members of the Brittain family. He moved to Dade Co, GA during the 1830’s. Many of his descendants still live in Dade Co.
Children of Jeremiah R. Pace and Keziah Brittain were: 1. Delilah Pace, b. ca 1807, Boncombe Co; m. Haywood Co, NC, 25 December 1822 to William Ingram, a son of Goldman Ingram of Haywood, Macon and Cherokee Counties, NC.
2. Stephen L. Pace, b. ca 1809, Buncombe Co; d. unmarried in Alabama.
3. Minerva Pace, b. ca 1810, Buncombe Co; m. John P. Davidson. They are on the 1850 Census of Cass Co. (now Bartow), Ga, and in Floyd Co, Ga by the 1860 census.
4. Comfort Ann Pace, b. ca 1812, Buncombe Co, d. 7 May 1885, Walker Co, GA. She married before 1850 to William McCurdy. They are both buried in the Coulter Graveyard, Walker Co, GA.
5. Martha Louisa Pace, b. ca 1814, Buncombe Co, NC; d. between 1870-1880, Hopkins Co, Texas; m. 13 April 1833, Macon Co, NC, to Moses Starrett, b. ca 1810, NC; d. between 1870-1880 census of Hopkins Co, Texas. Moses and M. Louisa Starrett donated land for the Reilly Springs Methodist Church and Cemetery in Hopkins Co, and both are buried there in unmarked graves.
6. Elizabeth Susannah Pace, born 1819, Haywood Co, NC; d. 126 [sic] Nov. 1865, Wood Co, Texas. She married ca 1840 in Dade Co, Ga to Larkin Hendrix, b. ca 1810, NC; d. 18 July 1874, Wood Co, Texas. Both are buried in the old abandoned Hendrix Family Cemetery on their land in Wood Co, Texas.
7. Nancy R. Pace, b. ca 1820, Haywood Co, NC; d. 27 March 1885, Dade Co, Ga. Unmarried.
8. Keziah Eveline Pace, born ca 1824, Haywood Co, NC; d. 7 May 1885, Dade Co, Ga. She married 1st to Gideon Blackburn ca 1849. She married 2nd to Leroy Sutton, a widower, in Dade Co, GA.
9. Benjamin Francis Pace, born 6 March 1825, Haywood Co, NC; d. 6 July 1892, Dade Co, GA. He married there 4 Dec. 1856 to Amanda D. Meadows. Both are buried in the Trenton, Ga. Cemetery.
10. Harriet Catherine Pace, b. ca 1828, Macon Co, NC; d. 1894, Dade Co, Ga. She married William Morrison. He died in the mid-1850’s and Harriet did not remarry. Descendants are in Dade Co, Ga. 1982.
11. Jeremiah Granville Pace, b. 14 Feb. 1830, Macon Co, NC; d. 10 June 1885, Trenton, Dade Co, Ga; m. there 10 Jan. 1866 to Susan V. Gardenhire.
–ALOB, September 1984, Vol. V, #9, p. 84-83 thru 85