Print this Post
Frady, Creola Ellen (Brown)
|CREOLA ELLEN (BROWN) FRADY
submitted by Lorelei Lee (Brown) Cox and Mary M. (Nieblas) Brown
| Creola Ellen Brown (1870-1922), daughter of William Burton and Mary Catherine (Spain) Brown, married John Ben Frady (1865-1938) on February 13, 1890 in Buncombe County. John was employed by the city of Asheville for 52 years in construction work and as street superintendent. The couple were members of the French Broad Avenue Baptist Church, and are buried at New Salem Cemetery, Skyland.
Creola and John had eight children:
1. Mary Emma Frady (1890-1967) married Charles B. Freck (1889-1977) on November 13, 1909. The couple is buried at New Salem Cemetery, Skyland.
2. John Hall Frady (1893-1951) married Lena Burrel (1895-1973) on June 10, 1913. The couple is buried at New Salem Cemetery, Skyland.
3. Garrett Frady (1895/96-1970) married 1st Jenny Greene and then on June 16, 1917 he married Margaret Pate.
4. Margaret A. Frady (1898-1978) married George W. Trotter (1896-1917) on July 20, 1917. She later married Carr Bell (1890-1973).
5. Hattie Frady (1901-1902).
6. Katherine Virginia Frady (1903-1983) married Robert Edward Orr on August 30, 1924. A native of Asheville, Katherine was Vice President of Ed Orr Motors for 50 years, a charter member of the Kenilworth Presbyterian Church, a member of the Chatmore Club and the County Club of Asheville. She and her husband resided on Redwood Road. She is buried at Lewis Memorial Park, Asheville.
7. Dorothy Elizabeth Frady (1905-1974) married Jack Natter (1890-1973).
8. Harry Frady (1909-1929).
Permanent link to this article: http://www.obcgs.com/frady-creola-ellen-brown/